Merge new topics to existing

Hello!

I wanted to request the feature to merge new posts into existing topics. The ability to merge a reply to any other topic already exists, but there doesn't appear to be a way to move a parent topic into an existing topic.

The reason I ask for this feature is that we get quite a few duplicate feature requests, which leads to me closing the duplicate posts and asking people to post in the other. It'd be convenient for our members, as well as anyone looking into a feature request, to have all the posts in one place.

Thanks!

7 replies

null
    • Forumbee
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jeff , thanks for the feature request! We'll take this into consideration. Would you expect its replies to come along with it (as nested replies)? 

• Jeff_C
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Forumbee Support Yeah, or there could be a few options:

• Merge to another topic
      • Merge all & close
      • Merge only this post
    • Community Manager
    • LaisSilva
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Any updates on this matter?

• Forumbee
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Hi Laís , thanks for posting in the community! You can create a new topic from a reply, or merge replies into another topic. Merging new topics into existing topics is not currently supported. 

• Community Manager
      • LaisSilva
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Forumbee Support thanks for your reply, it was ver enlightening. My doubt is if it will someday be possible to merge new topics to existent and closed (or with accepted solutions) regarding the same subject with a backlink creation or not?

• Joseph_Heider
    • 1 yr ago
    • Reported - view

I wanted to follow up on this idea of merging new topics into existing topics. It would be great for when we have a duplicate request that receives some votes, to help consolidate it.  Or at least make it possible to add a vote on behalf of a user if a post as been marked as a duplicate, though I guess this could be a slippery slope in some aspects. 

• Forumbee
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Joseph Heider Thanks for sharing your input!

Content aside

• 4 Votes
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 804Views
  • 4 Following