Configure Single Sign-On with Microsoft 365 (Office 365)
These steps will guide you through setting up the single sign-on functionality between Forumbee and Microsoft 365 (Office 365).
- In Microsoft 365 (Office 365), login as an administrator. Click the waffle menu and navigate to Admin.
- In the left navigation click Show all and select Azure Active Directory.
- Within All services select Enterprise applications.
- Click New application.
- Under Add your own app select Non-gallery application.
If you are using the new Azure AD Gallery, click Create your own application and select Integrate any other application you don't find in the gallery.
- In the Name field enter Forumbee.
- Click Add or Create.
- Under Manage click Single sign-on and select SAML.
- In the Basic SAML Configuration section click the pencil icon.
- In the following steps you will be entering values from your Forumbee account. Open another browser tab and navigate to your Forumbee account.
- Login your Forumbee account as an administrator.
- In Forumbee, navigate to Administration > Integrations > SAML.
- Click SSO Settings to expand the section.
- Copy the Audience field value and paste into the Microsoft field Identifier (Entity ID).
- Copy the SSO Consumer URL field value and paste it into the Microsoft field Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL).
- In Microsoft click Save then close the dialog.
- In Microsoft in the User Attributes & Claims section click the pencil icon.
- Under Additional claims click the first claim row which has the value user.mail. In the Name field change the value to email. In the Namespace field, delete the value. Click Save.
- Click the 2nd claim row which has the value user.givenname. In the Name field change the value to firstname. In the Namespace field, delete the value. Click Save.
- Delete the next row which has the value user.userprincipalname.
- Click final claim row which has the value user.surname. In the Name field change the value to lastname. In the Namespace field, delete the value. Click Save.
- Click X to exit the User Attributes & Claims page.
- In the SAML Signing Certificate panel, download the Certificate (Base64).
- Open the downloaded certificate in a plain text editor. Copy the text.
- In Forumbee, click Identity Provider Setup to expand the panel. Paste the certificate text into the Certificate field.
- In Microsoft, copy the value for the field Login URL. In Forumbee, paste this into the field SSO Logon URL.
- In Microsoft, copy the value for the field Azure AD Identifier. In Forumbee, paste this into the field Issuer URL. (Note: the Logout URL is not required.)
- In Forumbee, click Save at the bottom of the Identity Provider Setup panel.
- Download the Forumbee image Forumbee Icon.png (right-click and select 'download').
- In Microsoft, add the image to the app. Under Manage navigate to Properties. Next to Logo click Select a file and upload the Forumbee image.
- In Microsoft, assign users and groups to the app. Under Manage navigate to Users and groups and click Add user.
- In Forumbee at the top of the SAML 2.0 page, click the Enable toggle to turn SSO on.