Configure Single Sign-On with Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365
These steps will guide you through setting up the single sign-on functionality between Forumbee and Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365 (Office 365).
- In Microsoft 365 (Office 365), login as an administrator. Click the waffle menu and navigate to Admin.
- In the left navigation click Show all and select Azure Active Directory.
- Within All services select Enterprise applications.
- Click New application.
- Click Create your own application.
- Enter a name for your app such as "Forumbee". Select the option Integrate any other application you don't find in the gallery (Non-gallery):
Note: If you are using the legacy app gallery experience, select the Non-gallery application option:
- Click Create or Add.
- Under Manage click Single sign-on and select SAML.
- In the Basic SAML Configuration section click the pencil icon.
- In the following steps you will be entering values from your Forumbee account. Open another browser tab and navigate to your Forumbee account.
- Login your Forumbee account as an administrator.
- In Forumbee, navigate to Administration > Integrations > SAML.
- Click SSO Settings to expand the section.
- Copy the Audience field value and paste into the Microsoft field Identifier (Entity ID).
- Copy the SSO Consumer URL field value and paste it into the Microsoft field Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL).
- (Optional) Copy the Single Logout URL field value and paste it into the Microsoft field Logout Url.
- In Microsoft click Save then close the dialog.
- In Microsoft in the User Attributes & Claims section click the pencil icon.
- Under Additional claims click the claim row which has the value user.mail. In the Name field change the value to email. In the Namespace field, delete the value. Click Save.
- Click the 2nd claim row which has the value user.givenname. In the Name field change the value to firstname. In the Namespace field, delete the value. Click Save.
- Delete the next row which has the value user.userprincipalname.
- Click final claim row which has the value user.surname. In the Name field change the value to lastname. In the Namespace field, delete the value. Click Save.
- You have now finished editing the claims. Your Additional Claims list should now look like this:
- Click X to exit the User Attributes & Claims page.
- In the SAML Signing Certificate panel, download the Certificate (Base64).
- Open the downloaded certificate in a plain text editor. Copy the text.
- In Forumbee, click Identity Provider Setup to expand the panel. Paste the certificate text into the Certificate field.
- In Microsoft, copy the value for the field Login URL. In Forumbee, paste this into the field SSO Logon URL.
- In Microsoft, copy the value for the field Azure AD Identifier. In Forumbee, paste this into the field Issuer URL.
- (Optional) In Microsoft, copy the value for the field Logout URL. In Forumbee, paste this into the field SLO Logout URL.
- In Forumbee, click Save at the bottom of the Identity Provider Setup panel.
- Download the Forumbee image Forumbee Icon.png (right-click and select 'download').
- In Microsoft, add the image to the app. Under Manage navigate to Properties. Next to Logo click Select a file and upload the Forumbee image. Click Save.
- In Microsoft, assign users and groups to the app. Under Manage navigate to Users and groups and click Add user/group. Follow the steps on the screen to assign users or groups.
- In Forumbee at the top of the SAML 2.0 page, click the Enable toggle to turn SSO on.