New RSS support, follow options, and instant notifications
We’ve released several new features to make it easier for members to stay up to date with community activity.
- Support for RSS: Visitors can subscribe to forum RSS feeds that include new topics and replies in the forum.
- Follow forums: Members can subscribe via email to receive a daily digest of new topics added to a forum.
- Follow people: Members can follow people in the forum and receive a daily digest of their community activity.
We've added more options for controlling the frequency of your email notifications. Go to your Profile ▸ Notifications. You can now choose from:
- 4 hours
- Real-time (if enabled for your account)
Real-time notifications for moderators
With real-time notifications, moderators have the option to receive notifications instantly. This is especially useful for support agents looking to decrease response time to questions posted in the community.
All of these new features are available in the Premium plan and are enabled by request for your account. Please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification email updates
- The “From” name in all email notifications is now your community name.
- The “Reply-to” email address used for email notifications is now customizable in Settings ▸ Community ▸ General.
- File attachments are now available for Premium accounts. Click the paperclip icon to attach files of any type to topics or replies.