New: SAML SSO, text editor updates and more
The latest update includes the following new features and enhancements.
SAML SSO and Okta support
Support for Secure Assertion Markup Language (SAML) single sign-on is now available! SAML is supported by many identity provider services, such as Okta, OneLogin, and JumpCloud, and provides seamless access to your community for your customers and/or employees.
Text editor updates
The text editor has received a design update. New higher-contrast icons are easier on the eyes and have been rearranged into a more logical order. All icons now have tooltip descriptions.
The link tool now has a keyboard shortcut. Select your text and press the keys Ctrl+k or Cmd+k to bring up the link popup.
An additional heading level (H4) can now be selected from the new Heading menu.
Code formatting with Prism.js
Prism.js has been added as an alternate code formatting option. With Prism, you select the language for your code block and it includes additional options such as line numbers and shell prompt configuration.
New category options
Registered users access setting
When a category is set to be accessible only by registered members, there is now a separate option to make the category name and intro visible to guests. By default, the category will not be visible unless you are a logged-in member. If you enable the option "Show category name and intro to guests" then guests will see the category in the listing with a padlock icon. When clicked, it will prompt the guest to sign in.
The option to exclude a category from the listing is now available in category settings. With this option, the category is still accessible according to its permission settings, but it is not included in the category listing or navigation.
Misc Improvements and Bug fixes
- Option to show a word count as you type a reply is now available.
- Data exports from the Reporting area now match the role filter set in the interface.
- Filenames for Report CSV exports have been updated to include a description of what the export contains, including filter settings and parameter names. This also applies CSV exports of API data.
- Fixed an issue that caused access code category names to not be visible to guests.
- Clicking the hamburger icon on mobile to close the fly-out menu would scroll to the top of the page. This has been fixed so it no longer changes the scroll point.