New features: Moderation Queue and Spam Filter
You can now set up your community so that all posts can be reviewed by a moderator before they are published. This is useful if you want to ensure conversations stay on topic or meet your community guidelines.
Enable this feature in Admin > Settings > Moderation. You can choose to moderate topics and/or replies.
When moderation is enabled, users who add a post will see their post in a “Pending Review” status. Pending posts are not visible to other community members:
Moderators will receive an email notification of a new post pending review. They can visit the Queue to review and take action on pending posts:
Access this area in Admin > Queue. To take action click one of the following:
- Approve, which publishes the post
- Discard, which removes the post
All posts in public communities are now checked by a spam filter powered by Akismet. Suspicious topics or replies are sent to the Spam Queue for review by moderators prior to being published to the community. Users with a post marked as spam will not be allowed to post again until their post has been released.
Moderators will receive an email notification of posts pending review with a link to the Spam Queue. To access this area, go to Admin > Queue > Spam:
To take action click one of the following:
- Spam, which removes the post. However the user will still be able to post again. If they are clearly not a legitimate user, then choose the next option…
- Block user, which removes the post and removes the user from the community. They will no longer be able to log in or post again.
- Not spam, which publishes the post and allows the member to continue posting.