Configuring community moderation settings
With community moderation settings enabled, posts added by members must be reviewed by a moderator before they are published. This is useful if you want to ensure conversations stay on-topic or meet your community guidelines.
Enable community moderation
Go to Admin > Settings and select Moderation.
Under Approve posts, select the type of posts to be moderated. The following options are available:
- All posts: all posts by members
- First N posts: The first number of posts by a member must be approved by a moderator. Once a member has achieved that number of approved posts, they will be allowed to post without moderator review.
- Topics: only topics by members
- Replies: only replies by members
- Posts with images, videos or attachments
- Posts with external links
- Posts containing profanity words
- Posts containing these words: you can specify a list of words that will trigger moderation
When a member adds a post that requires moderation, they will see their post in a “Pending Review” status. Pending posts are not visible to other community members.
Moderators will receive an email notification of a new post pending review.
Go to Admin > Queue to review and take action on pending posts.
Click a post to see the full content of the post.
Take action by clicking one of the following:
- Approve: Publishes the post
- Discard: Removes the post
- Spam: Marks the post as spam and removes it. This trains the spam filter to automatically remove posts in the future that are similar to this one.
Trusting a member so their posts are not moderated